Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Living life to the X-TREAME!

Yesterday Tony and I were breaking in my new motorcycle jacket (purchased just an hour beforehand) by driving down the canyon lake trail and eating at a little diner in what used to be a mining town. Not half a minute were back on the road to go home when the bike slid on some loose gravel (due to the roads deteriorating condition) and fell (skidded about 10- 15 feet). Man was I ever grateful i wore that jacket! it saved my arms and shoulder from really getting messed up. the only damage i got was a bruised and slightly cut left knee, a "flesh wounded" right knee and a small cut on my back. My husband however wasn't as lucky. both his knees are as cut up as my right knee and he has a few more scrapes and cuts, but were both thankful that his jacket, gloves, helmet, motor cycle boots, and surprisingly his cell phone took the majority of the damage. when i fell i skidded for a split second then rolled several times into the oncoming lane, but tony was being dragged by the bike. Thank heavens he had put his cellphone in his pocket (because we were taking pictures with it moments before departure) instead of back into his jacket pocket. when he was being dragged the bike took him with it and his cell was in his right pocket and if it wasn't there I'm and sure he would had to have been either air evacuated or ambulance evacuated because there would be bone damage and severe tissue damage. even with the phone there you can see a huge red bruise where it was sitting in his pocket. we are really lucky. there was another biker coming up behind us and he fell as well just trying to assist us. we are lucky that there was no real on-coming traffic because we would have been hit on either side. two oncoming bikers also saw us fall and they both helped us up. lol they were all amazed that the bike still started and that we were both acting as if nothing happened (note our pants were trashed with huge gaping holes and blood all over them).
As bad as this sounds I'm really thankful that it happened. Lately i have been facing a lot of hard tribulations and have even been considering getting back on antidepressants and seeing a suicide councilor, but this experience really could have been so much worse and the pain I'm feeling in my leg has really remedied me what real pain is. how there really is others less fortunate than i and that all the drama I'm facing right now will pass. its just funny to see how much worse it could have been and all I'm walking away with is a few scrapes, bruises and sore muscles. I am really, REALLY, happy this happened the way it did.

1 comment: